TenForce event ‘The Future Is WOW: AI-PROFICIENT, bringing AI Technology to the production line’ was a success!
Last month on June 8th, our project partner TenForce organized the event titled ‘“The Future Is WOW: AI-PROFICIENT, bringing AI Technology to the production line”’ at Mechelen, Belgium. The event took place in Lamot Conference Center in Mechelen, Belgium and focused on the progress of the AI-PROFICIENT project. The event helped in disseminating the achievements and tangible benefits of AI-PROFICIENT to the audience from different industrial sectors. It helped 66 inquisitive stakeholders in the manufacturing, chemical, telecom industries to connect with the AI-PROFICIENT team and share their valuable thoughts about the AI advancements in the field.
We are very proud that our AI-PROFICIENT partners Benoit Iung from University de Lorraine, Alexander Vasylchenko from TenForce, Dea Pujić from Mihajlo Pupin Institute, Marc Anderson from University de Lorraine, Kerman López de Calle from Tekniker and George Triantafyllou from Athens Technology Center participated in this significant event, elaborating on the project’s latest activities and its progress so far on applying AI, IIoT, and AR technology to improve plant productivity across the entire EU manufacturing and process industry.
The event kicked off with an opening keynote by Jan Van den Nieuwenhof, CEO of TenForce (Download presentation), setting the stage for a busy day. Here are some more highlights from the agenda:
- Intro to AI-PROFICIENT: AI for Improved Production Efficiency, Quality, and Maintenance – Professor Benoit Iung introduced the AI-PROFICIENT project, showcasing how AI technologies are revolutionizing manufacturing and process plants to enhance production efficiency, quality, and maintenance (Download presentation)
- Connected Worker – Using AI/ML and Extended Reality Interfaces on the Factory Floor – TenForce and INEOS demonstrated a connected worker solution, originating from AI-PROFICIENT’s INEOS-2 Use Case, integrating EHSQ software, wearable devices, image recognition, and AI algorithms to optimize on-site raw material usage and reduce human errors (Download presentation)
- Production Process Optimization Through Quality Analysis Tools and Explainable AI – Dea Pujić presented a solution, originating from AI-PROFICIENT’s CONTI-10 Use Case, that combines optimization techniques, transparent decision-making, quality analysis tools, and Explainable AI, enabling organizations to improve product characteristics, optimize processes, and gain a competitive edge (Download presentation)
- Operationalizing AI Ethics in Industry 4.0 – Marc Anderson, with reference to all AI-PROFICIENT’s use cases, discussed the limitations of standard AI Ethics approaches in heavy industry and proposed the adoption of the AI-PROFICIENT Ground Up Ethics approach, focusing on direct ethical recommendations and continually evolving guidance (Download presentation)
- Anomaly Detection, Root Cause Analysis, and Reinforcement Learning – George Triantafyllou presented a tool for root cause analysis, originating from AI-PROFICIENT’s CONTI-10 Use Case, utilizing deep semi-supervised anomaly detection, the Shapley Additive. Explanations method, and human feedback to enhance anomaly detection, root cause analysis, and reinforcement learning (Download presentation)
- AI for Manufacturing Optimization – Kerman López de Calle, with reference to AI-PROFICIENT’s CONTI-2 and CONTI-5 Use Cases, discussed using data-driven and AI models in manufacturing, specifically in polymer extrusion and laser metal decomposition-based additive manufacturing. His presentation emphasized the role of data, models, and AI in solving real-world manufacturing challenges (Download presentation)
Product updates and demonstrations by TenForce experts boosted these talks, giving participants valuable hands-on experience and practical insights.