D1.2 Legal and ethical requirements for human-machine interaction (PDF)
This report contains an overview of the integration of ethics into the first six months of the AI-PROFICIENT project (taking into account also an update from information retrieved after site visits done in November and December 2021). The overview includes a literature review of the current and past work upon Industrial AI ethics, a survey of related guides and principles, and observations regarding the state of the discipline and its particular character relative to other fields of AI ethics.
D1.3 Pilot-specific demonstration scenarios (PDF)
This report incorporates a specification of the demonstrator to be constructed per use case. This specification has been reviewed and includes a structured and unified approach to the specification of all use cases, with a common information regarding Gap Analysis, Stakeholders, Data Sources, Ethical issues, and a High Level design including Use Case and Sequence Diagrams, as well as a flowchart showing the expected contributions from different partners and the link to appropriate task activities within development work packages WP2-WP4.
D7.1 Roadmap for dissemination and communication first release (PDF)
This report sets out the dissemination and communication strategy as well as the plan to raise awareness, share knowledge, attract potential stakeholders in the context of the AI-PROFICIENT project, through various means, including the AI-PROFICIENT website, the use of Social Media, the distribution of communication material, publications in scientific and industrial journals, participation in events and organization of dedicated workshops with potential end-users and main outreach events.
D7.2 Project identity kit and communication material (PDF)
This document will help you understand the essential elements of the AI-PROFICIENT identity. It explains how to use the identity and serves as a source of inspiration for you to continue building a strong brand people love to be a part of.
D1.5: AI-PROFICIENT system architecture
The aim of this document is to provide the architecture of the AI-PROFICIENT platform following the “ethics by design approach”.
D3.1: AI-PROFICIENT hybrid models and digital twins first version (state of the art, designing and specification)
This report presents the state of the art of hybrid modelling and digital twins, covering the techniques from first principles modelling to fully data based surrogate models and digital twins based on these approaches. On that basis, designing of the approach for selected use cases and the specifications in each case are described.
D3.3 System-level proactive maintenance strategy
This report is describing the AI-PROFICIENT service that aims at optimizing maintenance scheduling at system level.
D4.1: Human-machine interaction and feedback mechanisms (Design and specification)
This report incorporates the description of the end user’s requirements related to the use cases in terms of the feedback management and the description for each one to manage it for a reinforcement learning approach.
D4.4 AI-PROFICIENT approach for XA
The report covers current state-of-the-art analysis related to different XAI approaches – exploitation of semantic technologies, transparent machine learning models and post-hoc explainability techniques. Many of those have been utilized for the development of three XAI services explained in this report – surrogate explainable data-driven model, post-hoc explainable analysis module and auditability system. For all of those, the methodology, results, integration and application were explained.
D5.1: Communication middleware and IIoT interoperability – design and specification
The aim of this document is to provide the design and specification of AI-PROFICIENT platform middleware and interface towards smart components and edge AI.
D5.2 Semantic data model for integrated digital twins
This document provides an insight into the process how the sensor measurements and the sensor equipment are ontologically expressed. It documents the challenges and the considerations that were raised during this process. The data model is implemented in data layer for the AI-PROFICIENT AI-services. This integration is outlined in this deliverable
D6.1 AI-PROFICIENT validation methodology (preliminary version)
The aim of this document is to propose a generic methodology to measure the degree of compliance with different AI modules deployed in an industrial facility.
D6.6 AI-PROFICIENT validation methodology (final version)
This report is the final version of deliverable D6.1, and the aim is to provide a complete procedure and ways to validate the initially proposed methodology. This methodology intends to establish objective measurement criteria for the results obtained in the AI-Proficient project. These criteria will enable measuring the results obtained in the different use cases.
AI-PROFICIENT Brochure (version 1)
- Using advanced AI technologies to improve manufacturing
- Technologies that Drive Smart Manufacturing in 2022
- 4 technology trends that will define the future of manufacturing
- Chaoub, A., Voisin, A., Cerisara, C., & Iung, B. (2021). Learning Representations with End-to-End Models for Improved Remaining Useful Life Prognostic. PHM Society European Conference, 6(1), 8. https://doi.org/10.36001/phme.2021.v6i1.2785
- López de Calle – Etxabe, K., Gómez – Omella, M., & Garate – Perez, E. (2021). Divide, Propagate and Conquer: Splitting a Complex Diagnosis Problem for Early Detection of Faults in a Manufacturing Production Line. PHM Society European Conference, 6(1), 9. https://doi.org/10.36001/phme.2021.v6i1.3039
- Esnaola-Gonzalez, Iker. (2021). Can Ontologies help making Machine Learning Systems Accountable?. 10.13140/RG.2.2.29339.18722.
- Nguyen, Van-Thai & DO, Phuc & Voisin, Alexandre & Iung, Benoît. (2021). Reinforcement Learning for Maintenance Decision-Making of Multi-State Component Systems with Imperfect Maintenance. 2142-2149. 10.3850/978-981-18-2016-8_304-cd.
- L. Berbakov and N. Tomašević, “Internet of Things Platform Architecture for Smart Factories,” 2021 International Balkan Conference on Communications and Networking (BalkanCom), 2021, pp. 157-160, doi: 10.1109/BalkanCom53780.2021.9593239.
- López de Calle – Etxabe Kerman, Garate – Perez Eider, Arnaiz Aitor, “Towards a Circular Rotating Blade Wear Assessment Digital Twin for Manufacturing Lines”, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Volume 55, Issue 2, 2022, Pages 561-566, ISSN 2405-8963, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2022.04.253.
- Nguyen, V.-T., Do, P., & Voisin, A. (2022). Artificial-Intelligence-Based Maintenance Scheduling for Complex Systems with Multiple Dependencies. PHM Society European Conference, 7(1), 586–589. https://doi.org/10.36001/phme.2022.v7i1.3294
- Nguyen, V.-T., Do, P., Voisin, A., & Iung, B. (2022). Weighted-QMIX-based Optimization for Maintenance Decision-making of Multi-component Systems. PHM Society European Conference, 7(1), 360–367. https://doi.org/10.36001/phme.2022.v7i1.3319
- Chaoub, A., Cerisara, C., Voisin, A., & Iung, B. (2022). Deep Learning Representation Pre-training for Industry 4.0. PHM Society European Conference, 7(1), 571–573. https://doi.org/10.36001/phme.2022.v7i1.2784
- Anderson, Marc, and Karën Fort. (2022) 2022. “Human Where? A New Scale Defining Human Involvement in Technology Communities from an Ethical Standpoint”. The International Review of Information Ethics 31 (1). Edmonton, Canada. https://doi.org/10.29173/irie477.
- Van-Thai Nguyen, Phuc Do, Alexandre Vosin, Benoit Iung, Artificial-intelligence-based maintenance decision-making and optimization for multi-state component systems, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 228, 2022, 108757, ISSN 0951-8320, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2022.108757.
- Alaaeddine Chaoub, Christophe Cerisara, Alexandre Voisin, Benoît Iung. Towards interpreting deep learning models for industry 4.0 with gated mixture of experts. 30th European Signal Processing Conference, EUSIPCO 2022, Aug 2022, Belgrade, Serbia. (hal-03785546)
- Anderson, M.M., Fort, K. From the ground up: developing a practical ethical methodology for integrating AI into industry. AI & Soc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00146-022-01531-x.
- Marc M. Anderson, Some Ethical Reflections on the EU AI Act, IAIL 2022: 1st International Workshop on Imagining the AI Landscape After the AI Act, June 13, 2022, Amsterdam, Netherlands, CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org, ISSN 1613-0073), Vol-3221
- Anderson, M.M., Fort, K. (2023). Ethical Internal Logistics 4.0: Observations and Suggestions from a Working Internal Logistics Case. In: Borangiu, T., Trentesaux, D., Leitão, P. (eds) Service Oriented, Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing Systems for Industry of the Future. SOHOMA 2022. Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol 1083. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-24291-5_25